“GO LIVE” DATE FOR NEXTGEN – July 19, 2021
On July 19, 2021, our court is scheduled to “go live” with the Next Generation of CM/ ECF (“NextGen”), the latest iteration of the national case management and electronic case filing system. All CM/ECF filers must take steps to continue to file electronically on or after July 19, 2021. These steps are handled by you, the filer. To determine whether you are prepared for NextGen, click here to review the NextGen flow chart or follow the instructions below.
WHAT'S NEW? - CENTRAL SIGN-ON
On or after July 19, 2021, filers will use one singular username/password (aka Central Sign-On) to access PACER to electronically file documents in our CM/ECF system.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING TO ELECTRONICALLY FILE IN NEXTGEN
- Individual PACER Account – If you do not have an individual PACER account, click here for instructions on how to register. Shared PACER accounts cannot be used after July 19, 2021. Firms may set up a PACER Administrative Account (PAA) for Individual Accounts to be centrally billed for PACER access fees: https://www.pacer.gov/reg_firm.html
- Upgraded PACER Account – If you already have an individual PACER account, you must upgrade your account or verify that your account is already upgraded. Click here for instructions.
- Linked CM/ECF and PACER Accounts – You must link your CM/ECF account to your PACER account after we go live to be able to file electronically. Click here for instructions.
- What Attorneys Need to Do to Get Ready for NextGen in the Northern District of West Virginia - Flowchart
- Upgrading Your Legacy Pacer Account - do on or after July 19, 2021
- Determine whether your PACER account is an upgraded or legacy account [Legacy accounts were created prior to August 11, 2014 and will have 6 characters in the username]. Legacy accounts must be upgraded to file in NextGen CM/ECF courts.
- Any questions regarding individual PACER accounts should be directed to PACER at email@example.com or (800) 676-6856.
- Answers to frequently asked questions may be found at https://pacer.uscourts.gov/help/faqs/nextgen-cm-ecf.
- Know your CM/ECF e-filing username and password that was issued by the Northern District of West Virginia. If you do not know your username and password please email Ecf_HelpDesk@wvnd.uscourts.gov or contact Clerk's Office Help Desk at (304) 267-5682 - do before or after July 19, 2021
- Linking your WVND CM/ECF account to your upgraded PACER account - do on or after July 19, 2021
- CJA Exempt Status Instructions
- A single NextGen account will allow you to toggle between exempt (CJA) and non-exempt (Non-CJA).
Forgot your PACER username or password? Contact the PACER Service Center at (800) 676-6856 (You will need to know your account number) or click on this link.
Should you have questions regarding NextGen implementation, please contact the Clerk’s Office at (304) 267-5682.